The vision of the Leadership Alliance between The Agency and the Greater Binghamton Chamber of Commerce is to be recognized as the single voice for economic development and driver of collaborative efforts to strengthen the area’s long-term sustainability. To accomplish this, the Leadership Alliance has created a list of strategic priorities that will culminate in the development of a collaborative and comprehensive economic development blueprint for Broome County. These strategic priorities are as follows:
- Vibrant Neighborhoods
- Quality of Life (Arts and Culture; Talent Attraction)
- Business Development
- Economic Inclusivity
- Infrastructure (i.e. Neighborhood Revitalization)
- Healthy Communities
The Leadership Alliance is seeking input from key stakeholders and community members to ensure a holistic planning process that truly incorporates the needs and values of those who live and work in Broome County. To facilitate this, the Leadership Alliance will be hosting several public forums regarding the above strategic priorities. During the meeting, a representative of the Leadership Alliance will lead the group in a conversation regarding the current state of Broome County and the future we as a community would like to envision for ourselves.
The following questions are to be considered:
- How would you describe Broome County to someone considering to move here?
- How would you describe the Binghamton/Broome County of today and tomorrow?
- What are the places that make us unique?
- What is your definition of a healthy community?
- What gaps do you see within the community in regards to business development, health, arts, etc.
- If you could start any Business/Community/Workforce/Economic development program within Broome County what would it be and why?
- Do you imagine living in Broome County for the next 5 years or more, why or why not?
The goal of these meetings is to understand existing development initiatives within the community as well as gather critical anecdotal data to help drive the decisions to be made when creating the comprehensive economic development blueprint. The Leadership Alliance will be hosting its fourth Community Lab to discuss Strategic Priority #4: Economic Inclusivity on Monday, March 29nd at 5:00 PM and Wednesday, March 31st at 12:00 PM. If you are interested in participating in the community forum on Economic Inclusivity, register to receive the Zoom Link here: https://forms.gle/vFo3GZNkPHBeTHnT9 or email The Agency Marketing & Communications Manager, Amy Williamson, at firstname.lastname@example.org with any comments or questions.