The Community Development Specialist provides support to the Executive Director with regard to the organization’s relationships with municipal and non-profit partners. Under the direction of the Senior Deputy Director of Operations, the Community Development Specialist participates in and/or facilitates activities related to community development in alignment with the organizational strategic plan and other county-wide planning initiatives.
- Attends meetings with the Executive Director with local government officials and state or federal agencies.
- Serves as liaison with municipalities or other non-profits related to economic development planning initiatives.
- Serves as project manager for on-going or new feasibility or planning studies that the organization may wish to pursue.
- Works with the Senior Deputy Director of Operations to identify and pursue grant-funded development opportunities. Provides support to write and administer successful grant applications.
- Works with the Senior Deputy Director of Operations on the facilitation or direction of housing-related studies or programs in which the organization may wish to pursue.
- Updates and creates relevant data analyses as needed (e.g. workforce, housing studies).
- Stays up-to-date on funding resources available to assist developers with proposed or active projects related to community development, infrastructure, etc.
- Attends professional development workshops, seminars or other meetings related to community and economic development initiatives.
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in planning or business administration, or an equivalent amount of education and experience.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Two years of planning or public sector experience.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of planning and economic development.
- Grant-writing and administrative experience.
- Computer skills and knowledge of relevant software, including the ability to create and manage spreadsheets, presentations and reports using Desktop Publishing Software, Power Point, Excel and Word.
- Experience with managing databases.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Please send cover letter and resume to Tom Gray at email@example.com or apply here.