The AGENCY, Broome County Industrial Development Agency and the Broome County Local Development Corporation is seeking a highly motivated and accomplished professional to serve as it’s EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR.
The Executive Director reports to the Broome County IDA and LDC Boards of Directors.
The Executive Director of the Agency provides leadership for the organization by developing and implementing a focused strategy consistent with mission, vision and strategic plan designed to enhance Broome County’s economic vitality. The Executive Director’s role is to implement the policies set by the Board of Directors, execute the strategic plan, direct the activities and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements governing IDA sponsorships and economic development incentives, and manage the financial programs and the day-to-day operations and assets of both the IDA and LDC.
Completion of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. Advanced education and completion of professional economic development certifications are preferred.
Desired Experience and Skills
- Ten+ years of increasingly responsible professional experience in economic development or equivalent business or public sector management experience.
- Demonstrated leader with a track record of success, proven accomplishments and performance in economic and/or community development.
- Possess the knowledge, professional competence and vision required to effectively lead implementation of a county-wide economic development strategy.
- Knowledge of current economic development trends and practices, business development retention, and marketing, contract negotiations and administration.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships with the business community and key stakeholder groups throughout Broome County and NYS.
- Consensus building and interpersonal, verbal, public presentation and written communication skills.
- Evidence of ability to exhibit independent judgment in the development, implementation and evaluation of plans, procedures and policies.
- Strong management skills, including the ability to plan, direct and coordinate activities; negotiate and administer contracts; and the ability to direct, motivate, support and evaluate staff.
- Commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements via email before March 1, 2019 to email@example.com.